Edge computing and advanced sensor technologies deliver scalable and affordable integration solutions for existing devices!
Outages Cost Millions & Drive Customer Dissatisfaction
Outages Affect All Utility Types
- Major events make up >20% of total interruptions but make up <50% of average outage duration
- “Regular” events still involve significant outage duration ~2hrs
- Customer interruptions continue to get worse
“There is no way to instantly pinpoint the location of a fault on a line segment that cannot be automatically restored. These faults are typically located by linemen getting into a utility truck and driving around the neighborhood inspecting every part of the line segment.” Source: Puget Sound Electric
Atomation Utility Pole Solution
Resilient, Secure and Instant Visibility, Requiring No New Infrastructure
- Immediately identify problems
- Effectively dispatch crews
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Real time alerts
- Scalable with no single point of failure
- Data collection and long-term analytics
Top Deployment Scenarios
Hard To Access Infrastructure
- Reduce costs associated with expensive equipment to find and repair poles in inaccessible areas
- Use AT-U1.0c
Weather Prone Areas
- Immediately triage large scale outages due to weather and natural disasters.
- Use AT-R1.0 on poles and GW-R1.0c for communication
Rural or Seasonal Locations
- Identify outages in locations where smart meters aren’t effective in identifying outages and people are not around to call in outages.
- Use AT-R1.0c or AT-R1.0/GW-R1.0c, depending on pole spacing
- Monitor multiple parts on transmission towers for preventative maintenance.
- Use AT-R1.0 or AT-C1.0 and GW-R1.0c for communication
Simple Field Installation
Anyone Can Install and Setup
- Can be mounted at any height (recommend 10-12’ from ground)
- Self-calibrating: no need for level or plumb installation
- Configurable pole description database
- Automated connection and registration
“As we calibrate the unit, going through the steps of calibration are simple. With one push of the button, the Atom is calibrated.” Allan Branstetter: Director, Risk Management & Training, AMEC
We are happy to provide You a demo and help You with the Pilot Program/Project!